If you have ever watched a basketball game and marveled at how the players dunk, you might also have wished that you could do that too. This is not just fanciful thinking. Anyone can dunk like a pro if they know how! To discover how to increase your vertical jump today, read on!
Jump Higher To Dunk Like A Pro
Whilst some people think that it is a natural ability to be able to jump high and dunk like a pro, the truth is that anyone can do it. All that is required, is to train in order to jump, perfect the jumping technique, and start dunking like a pro!
It all comes down to practice. Practice and repetition. You need to develop the muscles used in jumping, and train your body so that jumping high becomes second nature. As such, we recommend a specific jump training course, and we mention this course later on at the end of the article. For now though, we would like to share with you some tips and advice on how to increase your vertical jump today.
The process of jumping requires a lot of force, which comes up through the feet, and then springs through the body. As such, a number of different exercises can be used to strengthen and condition those parts of the body used in jumping.
Exercise To Jump Higher
There are no shortcuts when it comes to how to increase your vertical jump. You need to put time and effort in, and only then will you see the rewards. Here are a few exercises you can incorporate into your regular workout routine. To really take your jump training to the next level though, we suggest using our dedicated vertical leap training program mentioned at the bottom of the page.
Leg Exercises For Jumping Higher
- Toe Raises – Stand with both feet on the ground. Then, go up onto your tiptoes, and hold the pose for a few seconds. Lower yourself back to the floor, and repeat. You should do as many reps and sets as your workout program recommends.
- Squats – Either with weights or without weights, squats are a great way to build up the muscles in your legs.
- Leg Press – You will need access to a leg press machine in a gym for this exercise. It is a great way to build up muscle strength,
- Leg Extensions – Again, this is an exercise you need access to equipment for, but there is no better way to build up those quad muscles.
- Crunches – An often overlooked exercise when it comes to jump training. Crunches will help develop and strengthen your core muscles, which are essential in jumping.
Specific Jump Training Program
We recommend following a specific jump training program if you are serious about improving the height of your vertical jump. The one we have mentioned here is packed full of useful information regarding the different exercises you can do, along with a selection of workout routines. If you would like definitive answers to how to increase your vertical jump, check it out today!